Did you know these important facts about gum disease?
- Affect nearly 90% of the adults in their 30s and 40s
- Is the most common cause of tooth loss
- Is closely linked to heart disease and type 2 diabetes. It also is related to low birth weight.
- Is often ignored and attended lesser than teeth problems as it is painless.
- The first sign may be slight bleeding, or some sensitivity; but it is progressive and could destroy tooth attachment to your jawbone very quickly.
- Gum disease is a major cause of bad breath.
Gum disease is common; however; if it is diagnosed and treated at the early stages; it could be stopped and even reversed; which would then prevent loss of teeth. Here at Wolds Dental Studio; we provide professional advice and treatment to prevent and treat gum disease. We have an experienced and highly qualified hygienist who would work with you to help you prevent and control any signs of gum disease. We are passionate about gum health; as it forms the basis of healthy mouth and contributes to general wellbeing.
Things You Must Know
Causes: Smoking, poor oral hygiene, irregular attendance for simple scaling and polishing and oral hygiene advice.
Symptoms: Redness and swelling in gums, bleeding gums, painful and sensitive teeth, receding gums, bad breath and unpleasant taste
Types: Gingivitis (bleeding and swollen gums, and bleeding on brushing) and periodontitis (caused by untreated gingivitis which causes gum recession, tooth mobility and eventual loss)) are the two most common gum diseases.
We recommend that you attend regularly for checkups and hygienist appointments for the detection and prevention of gum disease. You could also book an appointment directly with our hygienist for a silky smooth scaling and polishing without the need to see a dentist!